You’ve bought your new iPhone 6S or 6S Plus, what should you do next? Upgrade your WeChat of course! We’ve just added 3D Touch in our latest 6.2.7 update.
Archives: September 201532pam9>
Now Available – WeChat for Windows 1.5
Introducing WeChat for Windows 1.5, now available for download on your PC. What’s new in the latest update?
1. Talk with your friends, family or those closest to you with free video calls
Fixed Security Flaw in WeChat 6.2.5 for iOS
- The flaw, described in recent media reports, only affects WeChat v6.2.5 for iOS. Newer versions of WeChat (versions 6.2.6 or greater) are not affected.
- A preliminary investigation into the flaw has revealed that there has been no theft and leakage of users’ information or money, but the WeChat team will continue to closely monitor the situation.
- The WeChat tech team has extensive experience combating attempts to hack our systems. Once the security flaw was discovered, the team immediately took steps to secure against any theft of user information.
- Users who encounter any issues can contact the team by leaving feedback in the “WeChat Team” WeChat account.
Top 8 Summer Travel Moments from WeChatters Around the World
As summer ends and a new school year begins, we asked WeChatters from around the world to submit their best travel Moments. Check out all the top entries and revisit the awesome places our users went to this summer!
Experiencing the wonder that is Carcassonne in Languedoc, France – Submitted by Jean Pol B.
Read More Top 8 Summer Travel Moments from WeChatters Around the World
Introducing WeChat 6.2.5 for iOS Featuring Favorited Rich Media Messages
We’re excited to share with you WeChat 6.2.5 for iOS. With this update, WeChatters can now create and save rich media messages under their “Favorites,” or send them to another conversation. The rich media message format allows WeChatters to combine texts, images, locations and audio messages all into one simple message.
Create and Save Rich Media Messages
Whether you’re working on a reminder or a message for someone special, it’s fast and easy to create and save rich media messages under your “Favorites.”
Read More Introducing WeChat 6.2.5 for iOS Featuring Favorited Rich Media Messages
Embracing the WeChat Lifestyle
Users are utilizing WeChat for more than just messaging and brands are using official accounts in new and different ways to make users’ lives easier every day.
We’ve scoured the globe and brought you a few examples of ways brands are helping users embrace the WeChat lifestyle and helping them make payments, shop online or talk about their favorite TV show all within one app – WeChat.
The LINQ Smart Room
By scanning a room-specific QR code, WeChatters were able to connect to the suite and control various aspects of the room remotely through their phones via WeChat.
Imagine walking into your hotel room after a big day out and being able to switch on the lights, open the blinds and curtains and play with the room temperature, all from the comfort of your couch or bed. This and more is possible at the LINQ Hotel connected suite where WeChatters can also control how devices interact with each other. For example, users can pre-program the “sleep” scenario on WeChat so that once selected, the room automatically switches off the lights, closes the blinds and curtains and locks the door.