The WeChat Team has just released WeChat version 6.6 for iOS and it contains three feature enhancements:
- WeChat voice calls can now be answered just like a regular phone call
- Notes in Favorites can be saved as an image, making it easier to share them to Moments or chats
- After recalling a message, just tap a link to quickly edit the recalled message
1. WeChat voice calls can now be answered just like a regular phone call
WeChat voice calls on iPhone can now be answered like a normal phone call with support for iOS CallKit allowing for even more convenient WeChat calls. Previously, WeChat calls resulted in a notification appearing on the receiver’s phone after which the receiver would need to open WeChat in order to answer the call. Now, iOS users will receive WeChat calls in the same way they receive normal phone calls resulting in fewer missed calls.
When receiving a WeChat call, you have access to iOS call features such as “Remind Me” and “Slide to Answer”. WeChat calls appear as calls within iOS now, with recent WeChat calls included in iPhone’s Call feature under “Recents”. Additionally, user can now initiate a WeChat call directly from the iPhone’s ‘Recent Calls’ screen instead of initiating calls from within WeChat.
2. Notes in Favorites can be saved as an image, making it easier to share them to Moments or chats
WeChat has made it easier for you to share the notes that you’ve saved to Favorites to Moments and chats. Now you can tap the upper-right corner menu and select “Save as Image” to save your entire note as a single image. Post the entire image as a Moments post or to a chat.
Alternatively, now you can choose to share the note directly to Moments. From the upper-right corner menu select “Share on Moments” and your note will be shared to your friends.
3. After recalling a message, just tap a link to quickly edit the recalled message
Sent a message with a typo? Recall the message, reuse the old content to edit your message and send! When you recall a message in version 6.6, a Re-edit link will appear next to “You’ve recalled a message”. When you tap on the Re-edit link, the message input box will contain the recalled text. Now you can easily modify your original message to correct the typo and send again.
Be sure to upgrade to the latest version of WeChat on iOS today.